From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tom Bilyeu, 2017
|Born||March 30, 1976
Tacoma, Washington, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Occupation||Co-Founder/CEO Impact Theory
Co-Founder Quest Nutrition
Host, Inside Quest
Host, Impact Theory
|Known for||Entrepreneurship, Keynote Speaking, Mindset|
Thomas Bilyeu is an American entrepreneur best known as a co-founder of Quest Nutrition, the second fastest growing private company in North America on the Inc 5000 for 2014. He grew up in Tacoma, Washington.
Bilyeu co-founded Quest Nutrition in 2010 alongside Ron Penna and Mike Osborn. The company grew by 57,000% in its first 3 years, and was ranked #2 on the Inc 500 fastest growing companies in the United States in 2014. By 2013 the company employed over 200 people and had revenue over $82 million. By the end of 2015, Quest was sold at over 40,000 points of distribution in over 70 countries. As of 2016, Quest Nutrition employed 1,300 full-time employees and over 1,000 part-time ambassadors.
In October 2016 Bilyeu and his wife, Lisa, started Impact Theory, a for-profit media company designed to “leverage the self-sustaining power of commerce to radically influence global culture.” Impact Theory has a 3-stage business plan: Stage 1: Community Building. Stage 2: Incubation. Stage 3: Building and Selling. As of June 2017, Impact Theory is still in its first stage with over 200,000 followers on its social media platforms.
Impact Theory publishes a long-form interview talk show, hosted by Bilyeu, with some of the most successful people in the world to teach people how to develop the mindset of success. Notable guests include Michael Strahan, John Paul DeJoria, Gary Vaynerchuk, Mel Robbins and Tim Ferriss.
- “Profile: Quest Nutrition”. Inc.
- Forbes, Miguel. “Quest Nutrition Co-Founder: We Grew By 57,000% In Our First 3 Years”. Forbes.
- “The quest to healthier snacks”. CNBC.
- “Inside Quest”. Retrieved 9 January 2017.
- “Tom Bilyeu”. XPRIZE. 2016-04-19. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- Foster, Tom. “Building a Company the Hard Way”. Inc.
- Yi, Jae. “5 Lessons on Chasing Your Dreams From Tom Bilyeu”. Huffington Post.
- Lewis, Howes. “How to be a Jedi and Master The Mind with Tom Bilyeu of Quest Nutrition”. Lewis Howes.
- Watrous, Monica. “How this protein bar brand grew 57,000% in three years”. Food Business News.
- Bilyeu, Tom (2017-01-05). “Why We Founded Impact Theory”. Tom Bilyeu. Retrieved 2017-06-29.
- “Impact Theory Mission, Mindset, & Team | Impact Theory”. impacttheory.com. Retrieved 2017-06-29.